We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Jobs Most At Risk

Hi

Have googled it but can't seem to find a website that suggests which jobs (as in positions) might be considered 'at risk'. I know this is not hard and fast and would defiitely depend on the company but just wanted to know what the professionals thought...?

Anyone know of a website/s

ta
GJx

Comments

  • Don't know of any websites but is any job/industry safe?
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Junior and middle managers are often first in line...
  • view
    view Posts: 2,242 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Don't know of any websites but is any job/industry safe?

    Hi

    I guess I was just looking for the jobs that the industry professionals have said are most at risk ... ie secretaries, ceo's, posties etc.. etc..?:confused:
  • Well...I worked as a Secretary/PA/Office Manager in Financial Services for nearly 12 years and got made redundant in August. I'm now temping as a Secretary/PA and have been at the same company since October and no signs of going perm...but as I'm earning good money as a temp, am ok with it for the moment.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • GrammarGirl
    GrammarGirl Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    ManAtHome wrote: »
    Junior and middle managers are often first in line...

    I don't think that's necessarily true... especially with juniors. They get paid less and could be more open to changes in their role/responsibilities/title, so if they do their job well I think they'd be an attractive candidate to an employer.
  • Kazza62
    Kazza62 Posts: 24 Forumite
    I work with solicitors dealing with conveyancing. As you can imagine, there is practically no work at all at the moment. Nearly every week, I hear from estate agents and solicitors that they are to be made redundant. The future is definitely bleak in this line of work. I can assure you all that the property market is not picking up at all and there are many solicitors tweaking their c.v's....
  • I would think no job is 'safe' at the moment
    Im self employed so at least I cant be 'finished' like the last recession
    Why dont employers give u several months notice give u chance to adjust
    One bloke I worked with(built like a brick ****house)burst into tears when they told us
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.