We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Making ASU claim after redindancy..help!
LeedsGirl_2
Posts: 4 Newbie
Have been looking around forums but I can’t find this information. Does anyone know what sort of information insurance companies are requesting from employer and from employee when the policy holder is making a claim (after redundancy) for ASU (Accident, Sickness and Unemployment) or MPPI (Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance)??
Many thanks!!!!!!
Many thanks!!!!!!
0
Comments
-
Hi
Once you call the insurer, they will send you a claim form, and you will see exactly what info they ask for from you, your employer and JobCentre.
Examples are, Start date, leave date, reason for leaving, was any PILON paid, how much notice was in your contract, annual salary (without overtime/bonuses unless guaranteed). Probably have to supply 3 months' payslips too.
Then your employer has to sign the form, then you have to get it completed by Job Centre. (This is to certify that you're actively seeking employment.)
The insurer will also want proof of any jobs you apply for, agencies you've registered with and copies of rejection letters etc.
To be honest, it's nearly a full time job completing the forms and getting them sent off at the appropriate time each month...as well as job searching!:rolleyes:
PS. For MPPI the insurer also asks for a monthly statement showing that you've paid the mortgage, and aren't in arrears. As well as that, they will check that your monthly benefit is not greater than the actual cost of your mortgage, especially as rates have come down, as they won't pay more than you have to pay.
They have asked me for this every month, and it's a pain getting the info...they even wanted a bank statment every month...I suppose to see the mortgage amount going out to the lender? (A bit difficult with a current account mortgage)
Good Luck
VC0 -
Many thanks for all this. Its really helps!
When I am going to the job centre I have to take P45 or the letter about the redundancy as well? Do i have to go straight away or after my notice period ends?
0 -
I called the JobCentre the first day that I was unemployed. I finished on a Friday, called JC on Monday. They made me an appointment at the local Job Centre. I told them I wanted to claim Contributions Based Job Seekers Allowance (because I knew I'd qualified, having worked in redundant job for 13 years.)
Don't wait until your notice period ends to contact Job Centre, if you're not working it.
You will probably find that your insurer won't start your payments until the end of any notice period though, as it will assume you've been paid in lieu of notice.
When you call at first, they give you a day and time to go to Job centre. Take with you your passport, a letter with your name and address, i.e. a bill of some sort, and your letter of termination...the one your employer last gave you saying that you are redundant as from whatever date.
Take your P45 if you have it (I didn't, as I hadn't had my final pay)
Call your insurer and get claim form.
When you next go to sign on, in a couple of weeks time, if you've not found a job, and you've been awarded Job Seekers Allowance, then your client advisor will fill out your Insurance claim form for you. (In the meantime, get the form, complete it and take it to your old HR dept, and get them to complete it too.)
I wouldn't send it; (if it gets lost under a pile of HR paperwork, or worse, you will delay your claim)
Hope that helps!:p
VC0 -
Many thanks Vancat for help. Now i know what to expect
0 -
You're welcome! Hope you find a new job soon.
VC0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards