We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Made Redundant. Do I need to send a letter?
chunkp
Posts: 4 Newbie
Hello,
I have had a look around the forums but cannot find the answer, apologise If I am repeating a post. The company I work for is now in administration, and I have been made redundant. I have been looking at the RP1 form I have to fill in on the insolvancy service website to claim a redundancy payment, but it has the following statement in it...
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
Friends I have spoken to who have been made redundant in the past have not heard of doing this. Is this right? In my circumstances will I have to send a claim for my redundancy payment to the administrators?
They have said they will provide us with all the information we need, but are being quite evasive when asked questions.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
[/FONT]
I have had a look around the forums but cannot find the answer, apologise If I am repeating a post. The company I work for is now in administration, and I have been made redundant. I have been looking at the RP1 form I have to fill in on the insolvancy service website to claim a redundancy payment, but it has the following statement in it...
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
55. To qualify for a redundancy payment you must:...
[/FONT]
...[FONT=Arial,Bold]
[/FONT]
• [FONT=Arial,Bold]made a written claim to your employer for your
redundancy payment, or made a complaint to an
employment tribunal, within 6 months of your
dismissal.redundancy payment, or made a complaint to an
employment tribunal, within 6 months of your
Friends I have spoken to who have been made redundant in the past have not heard of doing this. Is this right? In my circumstances will I have to send a claim for my redundancy payment to the administrators?
They have said they will provide us with all the information we need, but are being quite evasive when asked questions.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
[/FONT]
0
Comments
-
If that's what the official form says, just do it.
Claim from the employer by way of the administrator.
Can't be wrong to do that.0 -
Thanks. I think that is the best plan of action. Appreciate your reply.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards