We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HNPCC and critical illness cover

Options
Was wondering if anyone could help. I've been tested and have the gene that gives me a high change of getting cancer. The hereditory non polyposis colorectal cancer gene. I have life insurance cover but not critical illness cover, is it worth trying to find an insurer that will cover me, for critical illness cover. Does anyone know of any?
thanks for your help x

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As you have been tested and know the outcome you would need to declare it to the insurer. Without phoning the underwriters I dont know how they would treat it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport