We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Quotes through Quidco more expensive to take account of the cashback?!

Options
I've seen the odd person on here suggest that getting a quote through Quidco can be more expensive than going through a comparison site.

Particularly with regard to car insurance.

Any experiences of this?

Comments

• BruceyBonus
    BruceyBonus Posts: 1,142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've found that if you get the quote direct from the insurer, it will be the same price as going through a cashback site. Comparison sites may offer a discount or they may have passed the information through to the insurer incorrectly (hence achieving a different price).
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Options
    Both mine and my partners car insurance were due this month. For me, best price from go compare was with the RAC at 250 (including breakdown). Though fab, went through quidco and the EXACT same quote was £342 - tried uping the excess, removing protected ncd, etc but nothing brought the quote down below £310.

Same with my partners, best price RAC. When went through quidco price jumped by £50. He went with esure in the end , same price through quidco though low tracking and payouts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport