We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Scottish widows income protection Ins

Options
Hi experts,

I have just cancelled my income protection.
I received a letter from them and to cut a long story short, one sentence stood out

"...although the investment that you've already made will continue to grow for you"

Does this mean I actually have some funds that can be cashed in??

Many thanks for any help.
Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It sounds like you have an old fashioned permanent health insurance with an investment element. A number of the old black horse life plans did that (Which are now badged scot wid).

Whilst the invesmtent element was not desirable, the actual quality of product with these PHI plans was very good. Indeed, it is often hard to get that level of quality without paying more or using a decent IFA. As the plan cannot be reinstated beyond a reasonable period, you should make sure that cancellation is really in your best interests.

You can ask them to surrender any value that is due to you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport