We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
End of fixed term with Accord - can I move from them..?
Alan_Cross
Posts: 1,226 Forumite
To another non-prime lender? What are my options?
0
Comments
-
Don't know as know nothing about yr circumstances..............0
-
Basically:
1. Have paid for three years without default or delay of any kind.
2. Will require lesser amount as shall be bringing some savings to the calculation at the time of remortgaging.
3. Am still unable to provide income proofs.0 -
and LTV?..........................0
-
The new LTV, if it's relevant to the question, would be about 55%-60% at most.0
-
Of course it is relevant to the question!
I know Accord offer a credit repair mortgage which i am presuming you have, however the credit repair may well apply to Accord's criteria only. As altho u have conducted yr credit satisfactorily for the last 3 yrs, the previous 3 yrs will still be on yr credit file, so it would be down to underwriting as to whether you met the criteria of a new lender...........Self cert mortgages are few & far between, self cert adverse even fewer...........however yr LTV doesn't possess such a high risk (relevance) as interest rates are graded by LTV.......you won't find one on the high street, therefore you will have to refer to an adviser....Also pls don't expect to obtain rates at 3/4%.......Can Accord not offer you a new product?0 -
I assume that I would come under 'existing borrower transfer'...
... scroll to page 4 of:
http://www.accordmortgages.com/documents/ACCM2008_INT_EBTAL.pdf
... and note what they say just under the heading, namely:
' Please note, if your client's current mortgage with us is a Self-cert mortgage and they are still unable to verify their income then theycan choose to stay on our SVR rate or take the Self-cert Existing Borrower Transfer product detailed below.'
So, I guess you're saying there's precious little point in moving from them..?0 -
alan.........rememeber this is not advice, if u want advice go back to yr adviser, in fact to give you peace of mind you should call the adviser so u then have a comparison as to what is available out there compared to what accord can offer you........0
-
STOP PRESS - Accord new product launch:
http://www.accordmortgages.com/about_us/news.html#090205
Can anyone confirm to me my understanding that, having paid for three years without fault, I now qualify for a full status product with them even though I can not prove income..? Am I misreading the info?0 -
I'm confused why you want to move from Accord. But also, as from Monday, from an Accord email:
'The Self cert transfer product will be withdrawn and not replaced. Borrowers with a self certification product who have maintained their payments for the last 24 months now qualify for a full status product'I am a Mortgage Adviser
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
I'm confused why you want to move from Accord. But also, as from Monday, from an Accord email:
'The Self cert transfer product will be withdrawn and not replaced. Borrowers with a self certification product who have maintained their payments for the last 24 months now qualify for a full status product'
Yippee!
Would have been nice to receive the same email as the brokers but there you go..0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards