🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ICICI rate drops to 2.95 plus new account

Options
Just noticed that HiSave rate has dropped to 2.95%. When did this happen?

Also, what's this strange new SuperSaver account which has appeared?

Comments

• 97trophy
    97trophy Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options

Just after the base rate cut I think.
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options

The rate dropped on 30 January which surprisingly is before the last Base Rate Cut.
    The new Super Saver Account seems to be similar to the HiSave Account, except that it pays slightly less interest. I cannot see the point of it really:confused:

You can still get 4.3% in the HiSave Fixed Rate Account for 12 months without early access. For a both tax payers and non tax payers this is a better rate that an ISA. I've put some in for the 12 months and see what theISA rates are in February 2010, at the end of the fixed period. Hopefully they will be better than today and I will put my annual allowance in then.
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Where do you see this drop?

http://www.icicibank.co.uk/hisave.html and http://www.icicibank.co.uk/hisave_interestrates.html both show the rate as 3.55% AER...
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options

The super saver has been around for a while - its their non internet-only account
  • KingL
    KingL Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    both show the rate as 3.55% AER...
    You need to refresh/delete your cookies &/or cache ;)
  • wearside_2
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The rate on the 12 Month HiSave Fixed Rate Account has dropped today to 3.9%. Good job I opened my account last night at 4.35%:j
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    wearside wrote: »
    .....Good job I opened my account last night at 4.35%
    It was 4.30% yesterday, according to ICICI - http://www.icicibank.co.uk/hisave_fr_interest_rates.html
  • Lisa46
    Lisa46 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now, please correct me if I'm wrong. I called ICICI and from what I could make out you can only open a new account by cheque and you get the interest rate at the time the cheque clears, not at the time you apply for it.
  • wearside_2
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I stand corrected the rate I received was actually 4.3% not 4.35%:eek:. I opened the account last night as I have a HiSave Savings Account and was able to transfer money straight away:D
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Lisa46 wrote: »
    Now, please correct me if I'm wrong. I called ICICI and from what I could make out you can only open a new account by cheque and you get the interest rate at the time the cheque clears, not at the time you apply for it.
    That doesn't apply if you already have a HiSave savings account with them and simply transfer funds from that account into a fixed rate product.

Having only opened all of my fixed rate accounts with them via my HiSave savings account, afraid that I can't help as far as your situation is concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport