🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Breakdown Cover in France - for Family of 6???

Options
I'm off to France for a week, but all the breakdown cover I can get seems to be for the driver & a maximum of 4 passengers - unless I go with the aa and they charge £50 per week!. Anyone got any other ideas - apart from taking a gamble.??

Comments

• maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - it is much easier and cheaper to have annual UK and European cover.How does £44.95 per year sound ? This will include your 6 passengers and several trips abroad per year.Cover is with Europ Assist who are a worldwide big name in breakdown recovery and have been in business 40 years.

https://www.sharpinsurance.co.uk
  • tiddles
    tiddles Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have Green Flag breakdown insurance with European cover, and it costs about £90 for a year.
    Decluttered 261/2024
  • DogBreath_3
    Options
    Thanks for the help - just checking it out. - Am going away for the summer also - so the annual policy looks really good value - has anyone here used them before? And is there an difference between them and the AA?
  • Louisa_Jane_2
    Options
    We only needed car cover for a few days - I used https://www.eurorescue.co.uk. An annual policy is best , but we were only going abroad once with the car this year.
  • angchris
    angchris Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    a few years back i went camping in france with hubby n kids and i somehow managed to break my sump on the car :confused: anyway luckily i had european cover (green flag through direct line) i forget how much i payed for it but i can honestly say this is/was the best money i have EVER spent in my whole life! they were ever so good and gave me several options and in the end the easiest was to tow the car + 5 people back to england, who knows what that would of cost me otherwise :eek: whatever/wherever you go please just make sure you are covered because this really did save my familys bacon!
    proper prior planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :p
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money
    quote from an american indian.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family