PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

If things get tougher?

Options

Comments

• narabanekeater
    narabanekeater Posts: 1,892 Forumite
    Options
    plug in TCM energy device

Where did you get this please?
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tchibo, about 2 years ago and been in a drawer until yesterday. It is a simple plug in device. There is a wireless one available which tells you the whole house cost but the tarifs can be complicated and it costs a lot more. Mine is easy because ebico charge per unit used and it is the same for every unit. I think I will do the kettle next. I have done the laptop and it didn`t cost as much as I thought, about 1p. I cannot do lights so if I were that keen to know I would buy a wireless one
  • taurusgb
    taurusgb Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    plug in TCM energy device

Where did you get this please?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223573&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=power%20meter&doy=17m6

on special offer at the moment - hope that helps
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    As I have now downgraded frome President unslted butter to country life unsalted, I was pleased to see it is 2 for £1.40 in sainsburys.hth someone else.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you can cook food in the dishwasher or in your car bonnet, I saw it demonstrated on tv but have never dared try it myself :eek:
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katieowl wrote: »
    I was wondering if a bread maker would be a good addition to my summer cooking devices.

Regards

Kate
    I bought a Panasonic breadmaker from Amazon just before Christmas and it is one of the best and most used "gadgets" I have ever bought. Made bread almost every other day and it is so much cheaper and tastes better than bought stuff. I did read quite a lot on MSE about different breadmakers that people had bought and Panasonic seemed to be the most liked and easy to use and clean.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a pot of tea for 2 cost 1p in energy using the kettle :D

I am making a great big pan of thick soup now and am using my portable induction hob, where all the heat goes into the pan, which is shiny stainless steel so not much heat is lost. The meter whizzed round :eek: when the liquid was heating to boiling on high but the wattage went down to 14 on simmer with an occasional burst to 900 watts. I am simmering until the peas and beans in the soup mix are cooked and have used a whole pack of soup mix and the 3 litre pot is full to the top. I have finished and the total energy cost is 5 pence. :D The soup needs thinning so will last for days as well as enough to freeze

I have guessed costs for a 3 litre slow cooker on an average 225 watts for 6 hours The cost would be 17p and that would be after the liquid is brought to the boil first

I have surprised myself here as had no actual facts on running the induction hob, which I have had for 2 years. This one
    http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/Stellar_Portable_Induction_Hob.html

I must admit that I am seeing a good way forward re energy costs for us. It needn`t be all doom and gloom, just a few tweaks in how we use energy and my results so far for us:
    use a timer
    use bread maker
    use induction hob and cook for a few days in one pot
    use remoska
    use ecocamel showerhead
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    taurusgb wrote: »
    The wireless one, though a lot more expensive, is also on a half price offer on the same site - £39.99 down from £79.99.
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ceridwen

The solar lights arrived today - and DH answered the door!:eek:

I have now had the "lecture" about not buying stuff before we have sold the house etc. etc.

Have assured him the box will be hidden in our wardrobe till we want to use them but he does not look any happier.

If we do get rolling blackouts or power cuts then they will be well worth it , even if they do not have an on/off switch.

On the box it said Half price £39 - reduced from £79 - so maybe if I tell him the real price of £19 .99 plus postage it will cheer him up!

Have just put a huge batch of lentil soup in the slow cooker - 59p for red lentils, three onions, organic stock powder, four carrots and left over potatoes chopped up - about £1.50 for six litres and he loves the soup.

I made the Tightwad Gazette muffins yesterday, apple and cinnamon and had quite a bit of the mxture left so added more flour, baking powder, milk , sugar, an egg and dried fruit soaked in tea to make a 2lb fruit loaf/ cake which DD(19) loved. The muffins went down well too!

I love using bits and pieces to make things - it feels like magic:j
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business