We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Coming off fixed rate
Waynedear33
Posts: 11 Forumite
I am about to come off my 5.35% fixed rate mortgage, i will then go onto a Tracker of 1.99 above the BoE baserate, which is gonna be consideabley better.
What I was wondering is does anyone have any thoughts on how long the base rate will be low, and when it will be expected to rise again, I aint got a clue wth the recession..:money:
What I was wondering is does anyone have any thoughts on how long the base rate will be low, and when it will be expected to rise again, I aint got a clue wth the recession..:money:
0
Comments
-
-
Waynedear33 wrote: »What I was wondering is does anyone have any thoughts on how long the base rate will be low:money:
How long will it be low .... Not long...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym0 -
Who knows - it depends on many things, including what happens if they start to print money and if inflation then takes off.
You have the advantage of being on a deal where presumably you have no penalty for leaving - that's a great place to be. How's your LTV as if it is high you might be more inclined to jump onto a fixed rate before it gets higher. I'd keep an eye on fixed rates and see what you're happy to pay, while overpaying/saving money to be best prepared for when rates do go up0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards