We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help required on a Technicallity.

2»

Comments

  • The initial dispute is with regard to the manner in which the lender has dealt with my disclosure of financial difficulties, first notified to them over a year ago.
    Customer service has been almost none existant with corresponded issues from them, contradictory and unreliable. The latest example as stated previously, that the full copy of the original offer of loan document that I signed when my mortgage was negotiated and that was recently sent to me with a defending letter from the lender, is not a true copy of the original document. The last page (12 of 12 the signature page) is a true copy, evidenced by the lenders letter headed paper (as used in the original document) the pages 1 to 11 that include Terms & conditions have been copied onto plain A4 paper and therefore are not a true copy of the original document I signed. If a true copy of the original cannot be produced for whatever reason, how do I know that the details are in fact accurate and true? Unfortunately I have misplaced my own original copy and therefore cannot compare the term and condition details.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    other than this plain paper (is it not continution paper) what conditions do you feel may have been changed?

    Is this relating to B&W and BoI?
  • At this time I would prefer not to disclose who this is related to. If I could explain, I am trying to assist a family member who will shortly be requesting the the involvment of the FOS. It was considered that the lenders action of not being able to supply a true copy of an original offer of loan document may have some legal implication that would need to be considered in the pursuanse of this difficult situation. I cannot believe that it is not a lawful requirement of any lender to hold original documents for the life of the loan.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.