We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Advice please
madlyradley
Posts: 58 Forumite
I am in the consultation period and are due to enter notice period on 24th, I have worked out that I will have enough of a payout to last me a year (yes Im a luck one, I know). I will not qualify for job seekers allowance as I receive Widowed parents allowance, and the question I have is regarding paying National Insurance contributions - will I have to sign on even though I am not entitled to this benefit?
Is there another way to ensure my contributions are met, I just dont want it to effect anything that may arise in the future. Am I right in saying that my pension rights are protected because I have child benefit coming in?
I have paid NI for the last 23 years and am just worried because you hear stories of them telling people they have missed out.
Is there another way to ensure my contributions are met, I just dont want it to effect anything that may arise in the future. Am I right in saying that my pension rights are protected because I have child benefit coming in?
I have paid NI for the last 23 years and am just worried because you hear stories of them telling people they have missed out.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards