abbey account

Options
hello i filled in an online application for a current account with abbey i ticked the box that said if i did not qualify for the current account they would open a basic account i have recived an email saying they have opend an account for me but it does not state which account they have opened tried ringing them all day but have given up they just keep transfering me to someone else if i had failed for the current account would they have said in the email sorry for the long post

Comments

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The best thing for you to do is pop into your local branch and find out. They will be able to search for you via your postcode and advise you on what type of account you have been given.

I would take along a passport or some sort of ID just to make sure. HTH
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    sutton111 wrote: »
    The best thing for you to do is pop into your local branch and find out. They will be able to search for you via your postcode and advise you on what type of account you have been given.

I would take along a passport or some sort of ID just to make sure. HTH

Sutton, I personally don't think he should have to go to the branch - if he applied online then there should be a way for them to let him know online, or do the old fashioned thing and wait a couple of days longer!

Sorry, just think that too many people say to go to the branch and it's not really an answer to any kind of question let alone the one being asked in this post! i.e if he could go to the branch then why try and ring all day? LOL
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • sutton111
    Options
    Sutton, I personally don't think he should have to go to the branch - if he applied online then there should be a way for them to let him know online, or do the old fashioned thing and wait a couple of days longer!

Sorry, just think that too many people say to go to the branch and it's not really an answer to any kind of question let alone the one being asked in this post! i.e if he could go to the branch then why try and ring all day? LOL

I have advised him to go into the branch because he hasn't had much luck over the telephone. He could try Telepathy but i'm not sure that would work. :rolleyes:
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    sutton111 wrote: »
    I have advised him to go into the branch because he hasn't had much luck over the telephone. He could try Telepathy but i'm not sure that would work. :rolleyes:

Haha apparently Abbey are good at telepathy.....
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • sutton111
    Options
    Haha apparently Abbey are good at telepathy.....

I know that is something they are actually good at. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport