We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Redundancy - Entitlements

2»

Comments

  • Kaiyo
    Kaiyo Posts: 13 Forumite
    Great stuff, this gives me a lot of questions I will pose tomorrow. I intend to clarify every detail as much as possible otherwise it may get complicated. I'll keep you up to date as to what happens. I really appreciate all the time and effort you have made with all the info you have passed onto me. Thanks so much again =)
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If PILON is paid according to the contract, that is taxed.

    If there is PILON then the employment is not continuing during the notice period (otherwise it would not be "in lieu of").

    If other benefits would have been in place in a notice period, they should be compensated for too. As this is not mentioned in the contract, you should find this payment will not be subject to tax.
  • Kaiyo
    Kaiyo Posts: 13 Forumite
    I have found out today that PILON will not apply to me, so I will get my full notice period salary & benefits - good news =).
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.