We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Resonable????
chatnoir
Posts: 219 Forumite
My Oh;s dept is being transfered under Tupee to a TPA, we currenly work in lonon and get the train to work.His new location will be outside london but nearer as the bird flys
He has has just had a meeting with HR who have told him that to get to the TPA's office he would have to drive, HR have agree'd that for him to travel by public transport would be unresonable. They have suggested that they offer an interest free loan that is deducted from his pay for a new car (as we only have one, and if I wanted to go out in the evening I would have to wait for him to get home..I do evening courses and gym etc)
But why should we lose money on a car that we only need because they have moved his job? and its not just the price of buying a new car, what about insuring and taxing a new car? If they offer this "solution" can he turn it down and still be covered by the Tupee rule of Resonability????
Thanks for your help
He has has just had a meeting with HR who have told him that to get to the TPA's office he would have to drive, HR have agree'd that for him to travel by public transport would be unresonable. They have suggested that they offer an interest free loan that is deducted from his pay for a new car (as we only have one, and if I wanted to go out in the evening I would have to wait for him to get home..I do evening courses and gym etc)
But why should we lose money on a car that we only need because they have moved his job? and its not just the price of buying a new car, what about insuring and taxing a new car? If they offer this "solution" can he turn it down and still be covered by the Tupee rule of Resonability????
Thanks for your help
0
Comments
-
I will be interested to see the answer to this - as my personal view is that employers are not entitled to "dictate" how their employees spend their pay. I cant imagine for a second that an employer would be entitled to say "I have decided that YOU will spend some of YOUR salary to suit MY needs" IYSWIM....so 'twill be interesting to see if the TUPE regulations allow for employers being unreasonable in this respect.
I would very much doubt it.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards