We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Update - disagreeing to a vary in contract
pablohoney
Posts: 14 Forumite
Bit of an update from my previous threads.
Basically I am now at the stage where my employer has officially written to me to give me notice that as of 4 weeks my hours will be dramatically reduced. For obvious financial reasons I can't agree with this.
I therefore have to respond to him and explain I am not agreeing to the change in contract. Does anyone out there know where I could get a template or what I should include in my response, to make it clear I do not agree.
As I am aware she will have two options to terminate my old contract (giving me statutory notice) and re-employing me on the new basis. Alternatively she can enforce the changes but would be in breach of contract.
Have I understood this correctly?
Basically I am now at the stage where my employer has officially written to me to give me notice that as of 4 weeks my hours will be dramatically reduced. For obvious financial reasons I can't agree with this.
I therefore have to respond to him and explain I am not agreeing to the change in contract. Does anyone out there know where I could get a template or what I should include in my response, to make it clear I do not agree.
As I am aware she will have two options to terminate my old contract (giving me statutory notice) and re-employing me on the new basis. Alternatively she can enforce the changes but would be in breach of contract.
Have I understood this correctly?
0
Comments
-
Havent yet had the chance to read it - but it could be worth your while to read one of the latest TUC booklets:
http://www.tuc.org.uk/extras/downturn.pdf
Its specifically called "coping with the economic downturn".0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards