We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Redundancy - Holiday Pay Query
Prairie_Rose
Posts: 40 Forumite
Hi everyone,
just been told this morning that I am being made redundant with one month's notice, it hasn't come as a big surprise. I know what redundancy payment I am due and I know that I should also be due 4 days holiday pay (our leave year starts in January and our entitlement is 2 days per month and I haven't taken any this year). My question is.... I carried over 2 days leave from last year, am I entitled to receive payment for these also or is it at the discretion of the company? I know it might seem a bit petty but this money is going to have to last me until I get another job so every bit counts!
Many thanks,
Prairie Rose
x
just been told this morning that I am being made redundant with one month's notice, it hasn't come as a big surprise. I know what redundancy payment I am due and I know that I should also be due 4 days holiday pay (our leave year starts in January and our entitlement is 2 days per month and I haven't taken any this year). My question is.... I carried over 2 days leave from last year, am I entitled to receive payment for these also or is it at the discretion of the company? I know it might seem a bit petty but this money is going to have to last me until I get another job so every bit counts!
Many thanks,
Prairie Rose
x
0
Comments
-
Depends on what was agreed when it was carried over, and what your contract says. I'd expect to be taking these rather than be paid for them though.
Do make sure from you contract you do accrue holidays in the current year, not the previous one, just in case.0 -
Thanks for your reply Lorian, I suspect you are right about the 2 days carried over but just thought I would ask. I am pretty sure we accrue holidays as we go along but will double check what my contract says.
Regards,
Prairie Rose
x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
