More cold weather payments

Options
Hi everyone.

:T
Gordon Brown has just announced that there will be more cold weather payments of £25 issued this week. They will also continue to be issued while the weather is this bad.

Hopefully it will help.
I used to suffer from lack of motivation.... now I just can't be arsed.

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1141 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :cool:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    elaina79 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

:T
    Gordon Brown has just announced that there will be more cold weather payments of £25 issued this week. They will also continue to be issued while the weather is this bad.

Hopefully it will help.

They are paid until March in qualifying periods,i.e 7 consecutive days below freezing in anyone of 72 areas,so as usual gordon has announced nothing new !
  • alexiawest
    Options
    I got a cold weather payment a few weeks ago, it was not £25 though, it was £60, does the amount depend on the benefits you get?

Has there been 7 days of cold weather then? hasnt seemed that long to me - will everyone who got them last time get them again then?
    2009 Rewards Recived so far.....£40 Argos vouchers - Pulse, £5 Amazon Voucher - Mysurvey, £20 Argos Voucher - Shop and Scan, £10 Argos Voucher - IPSOS, £8.50 Paypal Payment - Opinion World, £4 Luncheon Vouchers - Pinecone ResearchTotal so far £87.50
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    The £60 would have been the extra Xmas bonus
  • elaina79
    elaina79 Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    The £60 will be the christmas bonus. You qualify for the cold weather payment if you get pension credits or if you are on income based JSA or Income support and have a child under the age of 5.

If you have already had cold weather payments for this winter then most likely you will again.
    I used to suffer from lack of motivation.... now I just can't be arsed.

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1141 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :cool:
  • ManOnTheMoon
    Options
    My letter says "you get a cold weather payment for every week when the average temperature is freezing or below freezing.

I'm reading that as being able to have a non freezing day in the middle, but still being paid if the other 6 days bring the average temperature over the week below freezing, as opposed to having 7 consecutive days where they must be all freezing or below.

Or am I reading it wrong? :o

Hopefully will get another one though, as the fire is being used alot right now :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure