Egg Anniversary Offer Sting

Options
2»

Comments

• Donegal_Paul
    Options
    Sorry but can i be a bit of a numpty here?

Is there somewhere that explains about this anniversary offer of eggs?
    I cant seem to find it on their site and i dont remember ever getting an email from them about it, but to be fair i was never in a position where i could take advantage of it anyway.
    So, lets see if i have it right.
    My card is valid from 05/04, so if i understand correctly if i BT onto it in May this year i shouldnt get charged?

Also, will i get an email automatically telling me about an anniversary offer?
  • jesster_2
    jesster_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    egg anniversary details here.

http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_65809--View_1363,00.html

They did send me an email last year to remind me.

And they've secure messaged me back to say there'll be no transfer fee for me this year.

Dec 2005 £8,500

April 2007 £0

Paid Off Since Lightbulb Moment £8,500

Debt Free Date: APRIL 16 2007

:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j
  • skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry but can i be a bit of a numpty here?

Is there somewhere that explains about this anniversary offer of eggs?
    I cant seem to find it on their site and i dont remember ever getting an email from them about it, but to be fair i was never in a position where i could take advantage of it anyway.
    So, lets see if i have it right.
    My card is valid from 05/04, so if i understand correctly if i BT onto it in May this year i shouldnt get charged?

Also, will i get an email automatically telling me about an anniversary offer?

I would suggest just to give them a quick message via the website just to get them to confirm. Both myself and my husband have never had any e-mails concerning the anniversary offer so you can't guarantee they will tell you so best to ask.
  • Moniar
    Options
    Interesting thread. I received an aniversary offer in Jan 06 and bal trfd from a newish card which was coming to the end of its 0% period. Having since read the advice on this website today, I wonder if they will charge me interest on my monthly expenditure balance if any payments go first off the transferred debt - or have I read too much into the "catch" advice on this website? I usually pay off the whole balance each month on my egg card, so I had assumed that by transferring the bal from my soon to end 0% other card offer, I would have 5 months at 0% to pay off the bal sum transferred, provided I paid off any new spending each mont on the card. Can someone clarify this please? In the meantime I am off to the egg site to check what is on my account! THanks
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moniar wrote:
    Can someone clarify this please?
    You should start your anniversary month with a (preferably statemented) zero balance on your Egg Card.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1078703530,72818,
  • Donegal_Paul
    Options
    cheers all :-) and Ive emailed them for clarification as advised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure