Tax Credits?

Options
Hi

A couple of weeks ago I read about some tax credits I could claim if I filled out a form (sorry no idea which one it was now) stating that my daughter is under 16. If she was under 16 between two specific dates I could get something like £529 and an extra £500 if she was born between the two dates. I was wondering if anybody had heard anything from the tax credit people yet.

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Have you applied for the child tax credits yet?

Do you want to supply further info regarding your annual household income so we can assess whether you are entitled to them?
  • kazglaze
    Options
    I have applied with the form from the website, and my daughter was born between the two dates given so I know I am more than likely entitled to them and I just wondered if anybody had heard anything from the tax people by way of either their money or just a letter from them.
  • houseofboys
    Options
    I think you mean child tax credits from back in 2002/2003. The date has now passed for putting a claim in,the last day was the 31st January.

Hope this helps.
  • Janebo12
    Janebo12 Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I sent in my claim around 16th December 2008 - have not heard anything yet. My husband rang to check whether they've received the form and they said they can only give that info if they are actually already processing the claim - the guy said that they have had thousands of claims and so there is a huge backlog - suppose it's just playing the waiting game now...

hope this helps
    Amanda
    Thrifty Gifty February make £20 challenge £21.05/£20.
  • kazglaze
    Options
    Thanks for that. I guess I will just have to be patient.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure