apppeal for egg money card

Options
hi everyone i applied for a egg money card back in dec and i was declined so i rang egg today to appeal but i was given an address to write to, is this normal because i have read on other threads that people have appealed on the phone. :confused:

Comments

• HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    i appealed online, they called me back and was accepted there and then
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    I have always written an appeal (and always been successful in having the initial rejection overturned).

Writing a letter looks like you're very serious about wanting the card. Stick to the facts in the letter and put your case forward.

Good Luck.
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • PokerPortal
    Options
    hi everyone i applied for a egg money card back in dec and i was declined so i rang egg today to appeal but i was given an address to write to, is this normal because i have read on other threads that people have appealed on the phone. :confused:

When I was declined for the Egg money card, I used their online secured messaging system to appeal. Was accepted the next day.
    Money in longest works hardest
  • vwman_3
    vwman_3 Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    When I was declined for the Egg money card, I used their online secured messaging system to appeal. Was accepted the next day.

Did the same thing yesterday...........waiting to hear now.
    Aiming to be debt free....but still off target
  • vwman_3
    Options
    Bit of an update, just got a secure message from Egg saying they are considering my appeal and will contact me within 72 hours for a chat..........anyone know what that chat involves.
  • HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    What sort of CL you're looking for, your outgoings, employment, othre cards etc. Why do you want Egg money (dont say too stooze, talk about the cashback, pre-loading etc) and sweet talk them about Egg being a consistently good provider, customer service etc.
  • vwman_3
    Options
    Income £16500 PA net just want a card to replace a Barclaycard that I have (C/L £2500 balance £650), tried to get a Halifax card and that was declined (also the appeal was declined) I have a Capital One card (C/L £1500 balance £0) and the ARP on that is 29% so I applied for a Virgin card and got that with 0% for 9 months then 15.9% £1000 C/L on that card to replace the Capital One card.

I told egg in my appeal message that I only wanted a C/L of £1000 max cos basically thats all I need thereby cutting down on my overall C/Ls so dont have much debt really and that I had heard good things about them
    So I just want to replace the Barclaycard because I asked them to reduce my ARP from 27.9% to 18.9% which they did then my oh phoned them to do a lob transfer of £1000 from her Marbles card and they said yes no problem that will be 6.9% everything went through then she found out that the rate they were charging was 18.9% tried complaining but to no effect so far so watch this space as they say.
    My OH has had her Barclaycard for 12 years never missed a payment A1 credit record so Barclaycard are about to loose 2 good customers
  • delta.p1966
    Options
    thanks guys i have just sent my securs email to egg so its just a waiting game now i will let you know what happens
  • vwman_3
    Options
    Got a phone call from Egg last night at 10pm they wanted to arrange for me to call them back this morning so will let you know what happens.
  • Karma67
    Karma67 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck with the appeal *fingers Crossed* for you both :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure