Click Energy 6 direct debit discounts

Options
I have not received any direct debit discounts since I moved to Click Energy 6. Click Energy 6 should give a direct debit discount of 1.429 p/kWh off the Tier 2 electricity consumption charges and 0.270 p/kWh off the Tier 2 gas consumption charges.

I've sent a message to British Gas a week ago but haven't received a reply. Has anyone else not received the direct debit discounts?

Comments

• BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Not had a bill yet, only been with them a couple of months.

Only have electric with them as gas is cheaper for us with Ebico.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received both a dual fuel and DD discount on my electric bill (which is from the 26th Jan) and a DD discount on my gas.

On Click Energy 6 for a few months now (first bills though).
  • scotchcorner
    Options
    Yes the direct debit discount is missing from my last bill (just received). I am on click energy 6 duel fual as well.

For my previous bill in November, the direct debit discount was much smaller than expected so I did raise that with them and received some very creative arithmetic.

Fair play to the customer service representative he/she must have spent ages trying to get the calculation to work out "approximately".

Looks complete gobblegook to me. Haven't received a reply about that yet.

This is the reply I received
    Thank you for your email about the direct debit discount for your gas and electricity. I am sorry for the delay in my reply.

After the price change, the MDD discount is to be calculated as p/kWh discount off tier 2 consumption up to a capped quarterly amount. The below calculation shows how the discount is calculated using this method in your latest gas bill:

T1 = 6.434 p/kWh, T2 = 3.220 p/kWh (ex VAT)
    Threshold = 2680 kWh per annum

Bill is for 3807.16 kWh over 92 days.
    Threshold applied to bill = 92 / 365 x 2680 = 675.50 kWh

Bill before discount:
    T1: 6.434/100 x 675.50 = £43.46
    T2: 3.220/100 x 3131.66 = £100.83
    = £144.29
    Discount – 0.257 p/kWh (ex VAT) off tier 2 consumption up to £45.71 (ex VAT) per annum.

T2: 0.257/100 x 3131.66 = £8.04

Cap for bill = 92 / 365 x £45.71 = £11.52

So the applied discount (before VAT) is (Cap for bill – T2) £3.48 approx.

The structure works in the same way for single rate electricity. All our bills are calculated correctly, although, due to rounding, you may find that your calculation is one or two pence different from the total shown on the bill.

To help you find more ways to use less energy, we’ve made our Energy Savers Report even better. It now has a new Energy Planner that shows you how you could save energy and money – up to £444.00* in fact. Just visit www.britishgas.co.uk/esr.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXX
    britishgas.co.uk - your energy experts

• KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's not creative - it's explicitly stated clearly on the front page of the description of the tariff.

The discount is capped at £12 per quarter for gas and £10 per quarter for electric and only Tier 2 consumption qualifies.

But the "All our bills are calculated correctly" from their letter is quite funny.
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    It's not creative - it's explicitly stated clearly on the front page of the description of the tariff.

The discount is capped at £12 per quarter for gas and £10 per quarter for electric and only Tier 2 consumption qualifies.

But the "All our bills are calculated correctly" from their letter is quite funny.

Not from 19th Feb !

Discount is now capped at £8.75 per quarter and Tier Consumption discount now 0.196 p/kWH - reduced from 0.270 p/kWH

Electricity seems to be unaffected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport