Banks snowed under

Options
With many bank branches closed today, I wonder what will be the impact on clearing times, interest and charges.

Comments

• ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    Herm, they'll all probably remain the same. Branches closed or not closed, it's still a working day and all the back office stuff is very much still running.

I will admit, being as it is a week off for me, it did tickle me a little bit knowing that all my bills and everything will be paid for me and everything can be done electronically from the comfort of my couch with a cup of tea, whereas the people who treated my suggestions of using Direct Debit or bank transfers to pay bills with scorn and insisted on using cash and cheques will be the ones trudging down to the bank through the snow. ;) Ahh, sweet justice.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    Two week long holidays in a month. I know, I know... :D I don't know how I managed to wangle it. Probably a good thing, the buses round here are very good at shutting up shop the moment they even glimpse a snowflake.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    I just tried to walk to work but I fell over twice when I was barely out of my road and my knee is now throbbing :( Stupid snow.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• MidlandsMum
    Options

I will admit, being as it is a week off for me, it did tickle me a little bit knowing that all my bills and everything will be paid for me and everything can be done electronically from the comfort of my couch with a cup of tea, whereas the people who treated my suggestions of using Direct Debit or bank transfers to pay bills with scorn and insisted on using cash and cheques will be the ones trudging down to the bank through the snow. ;) Ahh, sweet justice.

HSBC online banking is down! I'm trying to see if some paypal funds have cleared and keep getting an error message!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure