We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

War and Peace to the Halifax...

Options
2»

Comments

• milfordmadness
    Options
    Calchas wrote: »
    I can't take all the credit: fact is, it's every tax payer in the country, to the tune of billions!

Perhaps you are right. If they weren't "professional and business like", they might have lost trillions rather than billions! :rotfl:

The vocal minority? I guess that judgement can be measured in much the same way as unwrapping financial derivatives. :eek: Your pomposity does nothing to aid your bank!

Hahahahaha - thats what I call a well executed reply...... nice one :T
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    Perhaps you would like to put forward some comments or arguments actually related to the matter at hand - how to deal with a bank's complaints department?

Because so far all I can see is some unconnected and baseless commentary that goes off on a derogatory tangent as opposed to offering anything of note.

hahahahah - that's a well versed paragraph using lots of big old words that confuse the hell outta me at 01.36am! LOL

BUT to be fair, we can't really call Bank Employees 'Professional and Business Like' - come on, be fair - they are anything but!

Take for example the Lloyds lot celebrated on the front of News of the World this weekend - yea, thats fair to us taxpayers - let the staff at Lloyds go and blow 50k on a weekend on the piste (so to speak)! Beggars belief if you ask me.....
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • Calchas
    Calchas Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps you would like to put forward some comments or arguments actually related to the matter at hand - how to deal with a bank's complaints department?

Because so far all I can see is some unconnected and baseless commentary that goes off on a derogatory tangent as opposed to offering anything of note.

May I refer you to your initial reply to the original poster? I will remind you:
    It is petulant. "Child like sulking" doesn't even cover this.

Most people don't seem to grasp that the person who will read this letter is just doing a job, and will just roll their eyes at such things. Nobody is going to be hurt by it, it really does just make the customer look like a little butt hurt child.

Keep it professional and business-like.

What is that if it is not unconnected and baseless commentary that goes off on a derogatory tangent as opposed to offering anything of note? Your words; no one else would use them!

By the way, do you write the smallprint on all the agreements? No wonder nobody reads them! :D
  • Richard_Cocks
    Options
    What a shame there's so many children ruining this thread.
  • Calchas
    Options
    What a shame there's so many children ruining this thread.

I agree Richard_Cocks.

It was that silly juvenile post about meaning no offense to somebody and then telling them their attitude stank that started it!

Well done for pointing it out. :T
  • Calchas
    Options
    Whoops!!!

Apologies Richard_Cocks: that was your post! :o

Still, I am sure you meant well. :beer:
  • realaledrinker
    Options
    Have much sympathy for the OP based on our own experience of trying to open Fixed Rate ISAs to take our Icesave monies. This culminated in HFX putting through an entry in error that put our normally dormant current account with them £32K overdrawn! Followed by a shirty letter telling us that they would be charging fees & interest as a result.

An e-mail to Helen Wier, Lloyds Executive Director of Retail, has been read but not as yet acknowledged, nor have two letters of complaint to Peter Jackson, Managing Director of Savings.

[EMAIL="Helen.Weir@LLOYDSTSB.co.uk"][/EMAIL]
    Ethical moneysaver
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I never got round to posting the letter, so its a bit academic anyway. I spent forty minutes to the phone on them instead going from customer relations (who couldn't access my account) to savings (who thought my complaint was resolved), then back to customer relations (someone else who now could access my account). I have come away triumphantly bearing another name for my list, a complaint reference number, and a promise that this was now being put forward as an 'official complaint'. I also have the pleasure of looking forward to receiving another bit of tree for my file within a week (if it arrives).

To answer ShelfStacker's question of why I haven't switched providers already - I generally take the view of 'better the devil you know' rather than 'the grass is greener on the other side'.

As to the tone of the letter, towards the end I was quite fed up, which came through. That is why I usually don't fire these things off until the next day - not that it would have changed dramatically, but there would be some subtle differences ('I would appreciate' and 'please ensure that' instead of 'I expect', etc).

Realaledrinker, good luck - you'll need it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport