Health check up

Options
Hiya people. Does anyone know approx how much it would cost for a health checkup for my new18mth old staffy? Or do they get this with the yearly booster? Thankyou

Comments

• UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emmald wrote: »
    Hiya people. Does anyone know approx how much it would cost for a health checkup for my new18mth old staffy? Or do they get this with the yearly booster? Thankyou

They should get a health check with the booster but make sure to ask as apparently not all Vets do that in with the booster cost (Ours here do) & so it could be extra.
  • meerkat2007
    Options
    The vet we go to does a check-up with the booster, all included in the price.

Since I also need to make regular visits in between, with a dog who is on permanent medication and a second who thinks we should move permanently to the waiting room, so drags me there on the smallest pretext, my two get a once-over about 4 times a year!
  • Rachel83
    Rachel83 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We have our cats and dogs check up with there boosters too thats all in the vets price too :D
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any good Vet would check the dog over before giving it a Booster.... if they don't change Vets quick!
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • emmald_2
    emmald_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for replies.:beer:
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As already offered health checks are done with yearly boosters. BUT if you have just got your wee one its worth ringing the vets. Many now do free new pup checks as a way of pulling in customers, no reason why an older new addition to the household couldn't get the same treatment
  • sparklylime
    Options
    My vet also does a health check before the annual booster. At my vets you can also take your pet in to see the vetinary nurse at any time for a free check up (although if they find anything wrong they refer you to the vet and then you are charged) so it might be worth calling your surgery and asking if they do anything like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure