A HUGE Thank You to Lakshmi7 - New Orleans Holiday

Thank you so much to Lakshmi7 for this post:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1449813&highlight=kiss

Just before I went to bed on Wednesday night I spotted this thread and thought, may as well enter...

I was so surprised to get a call on Thursday morning asking me to go on air later that day and I needed three friends to come on air with me...

I was frantically ringing around family and friends. Most people either couldn't go on cos they were at work or were too nervous to go on...

New Orleans is a place I dream of going to... I haven't done my list for 2009 yet but this would surely be one of my dream prizes...

I was about to give up and ring the radio station back and say I couldn't find three friends to join me and then thought, hold on a second, the MSE compers would not let me down and would help me out... sure enough as soon as I posted, I had three willing volunteers who agreed to go on air with me...

HUGE Thanks to SFH, TMK and Bella for coming on air with me and making it not so much a scary experience.. it really was exciting and we had lots of laughs with all the plannning...

We were unsure if we had gone through and then I got the call on Friday morning letting me know I was in the final (on my own) and was up against another lady to win the holiday to New Orleans... I was so nervous but managed to keep it together and as most of you already know...

I WON
:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I am glad I won and the girls who so very kindly agreed to help me out last minute, I couldn't have done it without you.

I was very lucky to be given a holiday to Disneyland Paris for my family by the wonderful FooFighter from this board. We had the most wonderful time.

I am so happy I can share this new win with other members of this board and am happy I can give something back...

Us New Orleans four have been in touch over the last couple of days especially since winning yesterday and we do have a few issues regarding passports and travel insurance so we are unsure if everyone will def be going but fingers crossed if all works out on Monday we will hopefully know what is happening and who is going for sure....

It still hasn't really sank in properly for me but I know I am so happy and so thankful to all the wonderful people who are part of this community I love so much... I don't post very often but I read everything and feel part of all your lives and enjoy sharing your highs and lows...

Thank you to everyone here....

P.S. Yesterday was an extra good day for me, I also had two other calls yesterday for wins... a Guitar Hero Game for Nintento DS for my son plus tickets to see Russell Kane in Cardiff on Monday Night... :j:j:j
Thank You Bentley Boys UK and Happypig xxx

Comments

• WokkiesDD
    WokkiesDD Posts: 328 Forumite
    well done (:
    x2 Ben&Jerry's Voucher;L'oreal Paris true match minerals;
    ~~~Please thank me if i helped you~~~
    :j:T Complainers Reunited:T :j
  • Congrats

I am very impressed with your determination!

Enjoy

Eyeball Paul
    thanks to all posters

I've changed my facebook username to NOBODY so when I enter FB comps I press the "Like" button it will say NOBODY likes this
  • krailton
    krailton Posts: 3,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    well done xx
    :D
  • :T :T :T Well done!! :T :T :T
    Keep thinking positively
  • elizabethp
    elizabethp Posts: 76,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well done :D
    Liz xx
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done the "Compers 4" !!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxx
    We need loads of pics and gossip!!!!! xxx
    wow u will all actually meet!!! Yp and gp that must be so amazing for u 2!!!
    Well done on other wins Clarke!! xxxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • miss_essex01
    miss_essex01 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Wow thats amazing well done ladies :D
    Jan 09 wins: Vodkat cocktail shaker - St helier tops - Cadburys chocolate pack x 3 Feb 09 wins: 0 yet
    Married to Tomwakefield Via cyber marriage Feb 09
    :smileyhea
  • rosegarden
    rosegarden Posts: 3,537 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations all, well done:D:T
    :beer:Thank you to all posters:beer:
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    well done hun on the other wins Guitar Hero DS is a brilliant game but your fingers ache like mad,

oh and i found my passport lol
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • sandstormer
    sandstormer Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :T :T Well done :T :T so pleased you won it and really hope all of you manage to go and have a fabulous time:T shows what lovely supportive msers there are on here that step up and help when it really counts:j very well done all of you hope you all have loads of good fortune this year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure