Item not in Uk like stated

Options
My OH bought and paid for a FM Transmitter for his ipod on the 22nd Jan.

He hasn't received it so i sent them an email (yes i can have access to the ebay account, its shared, so please lets not get into that discussion again).

Anyway haven't heard back, so thought id check out the sellers recent feedback. OH didn't think to check sellers feedback as it stands at 70276.

Well to my surprise every negative or netural 99% of the time mentions poor service regarding these FM transmitter because its posted from Germany and not the UK like the item location states.

So im guessing OH's is on the way from Germany as well.

Are sellers allowed to do this, just lie about where an item is located??

This is why people buy items, thinking it will arrive fairly quickly. If you knew it was coming from Germany you'd obviously be prepared to wait longer.
Mummy to two girls: October 2013 and February 2016

Comments

• nick_fury
    Options
    yup i too have been noticing this alot lately. I dont think it is allowed but ebay dont seem to do /be able to do anything about this.
  • continualdiamond
    Options
    Well maybe they will if the seller continues to get bad feedback because of it.
    Mummy to two girls: October 2013 and February 2016
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its rife on eBay. Mainly with China/Hong Kong sellers.

I received an item that took 2 weeks from China where the seller said they were in Manchester and would be using 1st class post. Similarly any negative feedback said the same about them (only realised later as their percentage was 99%)

I reported it to ebay who's advice was 'to use the feedback system to leave an appropriate comment and rating'. Despite evidence in the form of an email and an envelope showing the customs sticker on it and postmark eBay were not bothered in the slightest.

Ive mentioned this issue on the forum here before and the response was 'who cares, as long as the item is good value etc etc.' so Ive given up. I just doubly check everything about a listing now including the actual feedback left.
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well maybe they will if the seller continues to get bad feedback because of it.

Maybe they will if some people report it :) Button's at the bottom of the listing. It's called location misrepresentation.
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    kevinyork wrote: »
    Its rife on eBay. Mainly with China/Hong Kong sellers.

I received an item that took 2 weeks from China where the seller said they were in Manchester and would be using 1st class post. Similarly any negative feedback said the same about them (only realised later as their percentage was 99%)

Sounds similar to a problem I'm having atm, feedback stands at 99.6% and seller is a powerseller, but any negs are for delivery time being slow (2 weeks+) and now I'm getting slight anxious, especially since the items I bought the day before got her Tues & Wed.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • frivolous_fay
    Options
    Could someone report Howardz for cookie stuffing please, my email isn't working.
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Could someone report Howardz for cookie stuffing please, my email isn't working.

Why report someone for filling biscuits:eek:? And how would you know?
    Seriously, I've been on the net years and this phrase is new to me. What is "Cookie Stuffing"?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • frivolous_fay
    Options
    See that red X that looks like a pic? Its a neaky way of hiding a link in your post to generate so-called clicks, and revenue. You'll see that all the other posts have the same X in them.

I'm not an expert but this may help.

http://www.benedelman.org/cookiestuffing/
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Fay I missed that one, they should have all gone from my boards now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Didn't even see the X's, maybe the Noscript on Firefox was stopping it.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure