PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Need: Sewing pattern for bear factory clothes!

Hi all.

My DD is desperately wanting a pair of satin pj's for her bear factory bear, but I really begrudge paying £8 odd for them. I can get by on my sewing machine if I have a pattern to work from, so does anyone know where I would find clothes patterns that would fit the bear factory bears?!

I have posted this request before on a different forum with no replies, so hopefully I'll have more luck here!
Total Debt January 2014 £10,725.44

MAKING MONEY IN 2014: £371.84
£2 Saver #89 £16 ;) 20p Saver #45 £2.40
Crazy Clothing Challenge 2014 #54 £46.73 / £150

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    I'm not sure if there's a pattern would think probably not as the Bear Factory want to make as much profit as poss (all my 3 kids have these dratted things!) I'm by no means an ace seamstress but could you have a go at drawing round an existing outfit of the bear's, adding 1.5cm for seam allowance & try using that? I'd use greaseproof paper as pattern paper it works great I actually have a sleeve pattern on some and have used it three times! Most clothes patterns are a basic shape so it should be doable. I'd prob have a go at doing a T shape for the pyjama top and adding all manner of fancy bits to accesorize it in a suitably girly way LOL!

Hope this helps. Someone may come along with a wonderful pattern for you to use though if you're lucky.
  • moor426
    moor426 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    There are patterns available on ebay but they are in the US and there is postage to add on: This one is for bears and some clothes
  • craftlady
    craftlady Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can buy those patterns from fabric shops here. But I would do as SunnyGirl suggested and work from the clothes you already have. Good luck - their clothes are such a rip off.
    Wooligans member 2010 - 6 animal blankets. 2 angel wraps, 2 baby hat, 4 Aaron squares, 5 cardigans
    :A :A :A :A :A :A
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    minniepoos wrote: »

I have posted this request before on a different forum with no replies, so hopefully I'll have more luck here!

A bit off the point I know but which is the best forum for finding out about sewing projects?
  • moor426 wrote: »
    There are patterns available on ebay but they are in the US and there is postage to add on: This one is for bears and some clothes

Thanks moor426 - that pattern looked great! I was really tempted to get one, but by the time I'd have paid for the pattern and postage it would probably be cheaper to have just bought the Pj's!! Thanks for finding it for me though x

SunnyGirl - Thanks! That's what I'll probably end up doing, I'm just a bit nervous about messing it up, but I suppose if I cut it all out on greaseproof paper first I should be able to see if it will work or not! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - much appreciated!
    Total Debt January 2014 £10,725.44

MAKING MONEY IN 2014: £371.84
    £2 Saver #89 £16 ;) 20p Saver #45 £2.40
    Crazy Clothing Challenge 2014 #54 £46.73 / £150
  • i don't know how to do
  • maman wrote: »
    A bit off the point I know but which is the best forum for finding out about sewing projects?

You could start by joining us all on this sewing discussion thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2169321

If you have the time and incliniation to read the whole thread then there are loads of links to varying sewing projects. If not just join us on the last page and ask about whatever you are interested in sewing wise.

There is also another sewing forum here that I look at from time to time.

http://www.thesewingforum.co.uk/
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I designed a range of clothes for a bear company a few years ago and used a library book of basic teddy clothes patterns to get the sizes and basic shapes then made them into my own specific clothes, it worked very well. I did a vicar, surgeon in scrubs and pj's and dressing gown to name but a few. Sadly once they had the proto-types they sent them to India to be copied and I only made the initial fee. However they are easy and did fit bear factory teds as I put one I had left on my bear - Im an 'arctophile' - bear collector to you!
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • minniepoos wrote: »
    Thanks moor426 - that pattern looked great! I was really tempted to get one, but by the time I'd have paid for the pattern and postage it would probably be cheaper to have just bought the Pj's!! Thanks for finding it for me though x

But you could reuse the pattern multiple times and the marginal cost of each additional garment would be small.

Or does teddy only get one set of jimjams?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure