bt to post office line transfer?

Options
greetings,

i thought i would post this to check if any one has also been told the same from bt about the transfer of my bt line to the post office? i have broadband on my line and i was told by the post office that everything on my line including braodband just transfers and there is no loss in service. also it says on the post office website that is copied below:

What happens to my broadband of internet connection?
All internet and broadband services you that you have with your existing provider can be used with your new Post Office™ HomePhone. You will continue to be billed separately for any broadband or internet subscription services.

but today i called bt options and spoke to someone today to double check before i put the order to transfer my line to the po. thay saiD that ON THE DAY OF THE LINE TRANSFER THE THE PO THE BROADBAND IS CUT OFF. I MUST CALL THEM TO GET THEM TO SWITCH IT ON AGAIN BUT IT TAKES 5 WORKING DAYS AND THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS.

can someone who has already transferred to them or another lline rental company tell us the truth and is this just lies from bt??

cheers for any help!

Comments

• pricefighter
    Options
    Most Broadband Suppliers T&C still say you must have a BT line to keep your service.

If what BT saying is correct? it seems like another good reason to keep your line rental with BT if BB is important to you.

I dont know about you but the Royal Mail Group of companies which the PO is part of have enough trouble delivering my letters,let alone running a phone service. :D
    PF.
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    pricefighter, it is not PO (aka Post Office) who deliver your mail it is royal mail they are seperate companies. PO just accept the mail you drop off on royal mail behalf, royal mail than collects it and they deliver your mail. PO business is banking, bill payment, currency, travel insurance passport check and send, MVL, now telephone etc. (telephone it is branded C&W is the ppl running it I think now it might of change.) To the original poster, of course POL will tell you it won't be effected and likewise so will BT say it will be effected, cause they both want your business. Try and contact the ISP direct and ask them would it be effected. From my knowledge last year it would of been effected but since November just gone it no longer effected. About the T&C saying BT line, they just mean it is wholesale BT you can say. It is just to make sure ppl from cable areas with cable lines do not sign up thinking they can get it.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Iceburn

Thanks i was aware of this, and i have amended my posting so its clearer.
    PF.
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think it would be wise to switch to the PO for the phone service, unless you don't plan to use the phone at all and don't use Caller Display (Free with BT).
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure