We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Discretionary Trust realisation
IanQ
Posts: 2 Newbie
My father died recently after making a discretionary trust over 3 years ago. He had around £100k invested, but since then with withdrawals this seems to be about £80k remaining. I am the sole beneficiary (son), and am trying to discover what I could realise from this trust immediately. I realise there are tax implications etc, but I am just trying to figure the penalties, and costs, and therefore the net sum I could get hold of.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards