Ppi Reclaiming Nortern Rock

Options
HI I AM NEW HERE I HAVE JUST WROTE WITH THE FIRST TEMPLATE TO NORTHERN ROCK WHICH WE HELD A LAON WITH IN 2003 AND PAID OFF IN 2004 WHICH WE TOOK OUT WITH PPI AS WE WERE TOLD WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OFFERED THE LOAN WITHOUT IT. WE HAVE SENT THE LETTER WITH ACCOUNT NUMBER INFO ETC ALL INCLUDED AND DATES BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE THE ORIGINAL DETAILS TO HAND BUT DEFO ACCOUT NO AND CLOSING LETTER. BUT NOW THEY HAVE SENT US A REALLY STUPIC FORM TO COMPLETE WITH ALL THE INFORMATION GIVEN ALREADY AND ASKING WHO THE LOAN WAS WITH AND WHICH PPI EG GOLD BRONZE SILVER WHICH WE DON'T RECALL. ARE THEY TIME WASTING WILL THEY NOT HAVE THIS INFO WITH OUR ACC NO ALREADY ? WILL THIS STOP THEM PAYING OUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME ?:mad:

Comments

• petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    sarahilp wrote: »
    HI I AM NEW HERE I HAVE JUST WROTE WITH THE FIRST TEMPLATE TO NORTHERN ROCK WHICH WE HELD A LAON WITH IN 2003 AND PAID OFF IN 2004 WHICH WE TOOK OUT WITH PPI AS WE WERE TOLD WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OFFERED THE LOAN WITHOUT IT. WE HAVE SENT THE LETTER WITH ACCOUNT NUMBER INFO ETC ALL INCLUDED AND DATES BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE THE ORIGINAL DETAILS TO HAND BUT DEFO ACCOUT NO AND CLOSING LETTER. BUT NOW THEY HAVE SENT US A REALLY STUPIC FORM TO COMPLETE WITH ALL THE INFORMATION GIVEN ALREADY AND ASKING WHO THE LOAN WAS WITH AND WHICH PPI EG GOLD BRONZE SILVER WHICH WE DON'T RECALL. ARE THEY TIME WASTING WILL THEY NOT HAVE THIS INFO WITH OUR ACC NO ALREADY ? WILL THIS STOP THEM PAYING OUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME ?:mad:

Lenders try it on all the time. The time waste and bully and bluff to try to put you off.
    Dont let them. The easiest way to resolve the issue is to SARN them under the data protection act. You will find a template letter for this on the site.
    Send them £10 with your request and ask for the agreement, statements and any correspondence between you and them and vice versa.

The agreement will state exactly how much of the loan amount was PPI.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • sarahilp
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help I will get onto it now. :beer:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Sarah

Here below is the SAR (subject access request) letter template, there is a charge of £10 cheque or postal order payment for this, they have 40 days to comply and post by recorded delivery, good luck and if you let us know when you receive this we can get the ball rolling again.;)

SAR - SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear

Re: Account number:

In the first part under the Data Protection Act 1998:

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to the above accounts held with you since they were opened.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

For the avoidance of any and all doubt, I reiterate:

I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memo’s, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails; any other information held on any/all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included).

If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge, and the Term or Condition on which you rely upon to claim such a charge.

I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a true copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by XXXXX about myself. You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act and that any failure to comply with this request will involve a complaint to the ICO as well as potential legal action.

You have 40 days in which to comply with this request.

This communication has been sent Recorded Delivery so I can ensure compliance on these issues within the legislative timeframes.

Yours sincerely
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family