RBS Credit card reclaim - where do i go from here?

hippy-chicyhippy-chicy Forumite
535 Posts
I requested all charges applied to my account on the 15th January. Had a response on the 24th . I then sent my refund request on the 26nd Jan and have had a response today.

They ahve basically said no! I have used the template letters etc from the site but as i'm claiming the £12 charges do you think i am wasting my time.

This is the letter i have been sent today;

Dear Hippy-Chicy

Thank you for contacting us with your complaint relating to fees applied to your credit card account. I have detailed the findings of our investigations along with my proposed resolution outlined below for your information.

Having reviewed your account we have identified that you have been charged £12 on 18 occasions, as detailed on the enclosed document. This charge is in line with Office of Fair Trading Standards. As such these charges will not be refunded.

I hope that you are happy with my explanation. Please note that any default fees properly accured in the future will be applied to your account in line with our published tariff and in accordance with your agreement with us, as detailed in your Terms and Conditions and on the reverse of your statement.

Please let me know if you remain dissatisfied by either phoning me on the above number or writing to me. If we cannot reach an agreement then you will have the right to refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service, but i do hope that will not prove necessary. If i dont hear from you by eight weeks form the date of this letter then i will regard your complaint as closed.

I am sorry that you needed to contact us and am grateful to to you for bringing this matter to our attention. As I mentioned above, please get in touch with me if you want to discuss the matter further.

Yours sincerely

Blah blah
Senior customer advisor.

Any ideas what i should do now?:confused:
:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1