bank charges

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
1 reply 537 views
jdeb69jdeb69 Forumite
4 Posts
i have a hardship situation and the court is refusing to remove the stay, i have requested 3 times. i have explained my situation to the court and explained i have serious arrears with my mortgage over 7000, and my charges claim is over 10,000. any ideas

Replies

• jdeb69 wrote: »
    i have a hardship situation and the court is refusing to remove the stay, i have requested 3 times. i have explained my situation to the court and explained i have serious arrears with my mortgage over 7000, and my charges claim is over 10,000. any ideas

hi there,

You won't get very far with the court on hardship ground, you need to go through the bank. Write a letter to them expalining you have a claim in currently with them and you are experiencing severe financial difficulties could they look at it again under the terms of the fsa waiver. You should also complete an income and expenditure sheet and enclose letters detailing your mortgage arrears and any other arrears/ debts you have.

Hardship needs to go through the bank direct. They may possibly look at paying the mortgage arrears with the partial refund and the remainder of the charges will remain on hold pending the end of the test case.

Please contact them they can, will and should help, in other ways as well as with the refund.

Could take up to eight weeks, so if your arrears are causing threats of repossession follow up your letter by phone.

Hope that helps, any more help with letter etc please ask xx
    LegalBeagles
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs