Can Anyone Help?

Options
hi, wondering if anyone can help me.

I work full time (37 hours)with a salary of £15550, my husband did work 37 hours but has been put down to 24 hours a week so will pick up about £100 a week. I am 6 months pregnant and should get tax credits when the baby is born.

Our rent is £145 a week to a private landlord, but we cannot claim housing benefit because with the two incomes combined it is over the £16,000 limit.

We pay £360 to an IVA each month, which comes out of my net pay of £1030, also out of this is the utility bills, hp repayments and food. His net pay each week we use solely for rent, but now it wont be enough.

My wages just cover the bills, so we wont have any surplus to help with the rent payments

Is there anything else we can get to help?
Helen
xx
Mother of Twins - Please excuse my "double" baby brain!

Comments

• lolababy
    lolababy Posts: 723 Forumite
    Options
    Hi your rent seems pretty high could you not find something cheaper. I dont know much about Iva but could the payments be lowered to a payment you can afford..
    When you have the baby will you have full a full wage or just mat pay. If your wages are lowered you may entitled to more tax credit and help with housing benefit.
    Could your hubby not take on a second job.
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    The op needs to be careful to keep up with her agreed payments on her iva because the creditors can apply to make her bankrupt if she misses even 1 payment. She should go to the cab to see if they can assist her further.

There is no help in benefit wise due to your high income, but once the baby is born you will get ctc and cb. Dependant on your total household income wtc.You should be entitled to the new Health in pregnancy grant which is £190 if your due date is on or after the 6th April.
  • lolababy
    lolababy Posts: 723 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Iv found a really good site for you its Iva. co.uk. One of the questions on the forum is about someone wanting to start a family but are on a iva. It seems like a really supportive site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure