Moving my Line Rental back to BT.

Options
Hi. Been reading site for a while my first question.

Moved my rental to OneTel but they starting chargeing me for caller display where as BT didnt,and their Customer Service is not great. So i am seriously thinking of moving back to BT.

I make most of my calls during the evenings and weekends.As long as i sign up for a year on option 2 BT have offered me half price line rental of £5.50p a month for the first six months.It goes up to £11 after six months.They will also throw in 100 Landline Texts for free as long as i stay on option 2.They say its worth £10 a month.I do have a new text cordless phone so i would use them instead of my mobile when i am at home.

Is this a good deal in my circumstances.Thanks.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    No. It is not (IMHO).

See HERE (Post #2).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I rang BT in December to see about going back to them. They said they would send someone arround to check my line. -- Still waiting --. It makes one wonder.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Alfonso_2
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    No. It is not (IMHO).

See HERE (Post #2).

Thanks for the pointer. The way i was looking at it though was i mainly make Evening/Weekend Calls , and effectively over a year the Option 2 would work out at £2.50p a month,and the free text messages would more then outweigh this.Also i would only be dealing with one supplier.

Or am i missing something here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport