We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
ISA transfer
loulou41
Posts: 2,871 Forumite
Can I transfer a cash isa to an e-saver isa? I have an isa with Halifax about 11k and the interest rate is almost nil. I am thinking of whether I should transfer. Also I have 25k in a Nationwide Isa Bond, and I need to give them 60 days noice to withdraw, I am getting 1.75%. Is there a better account I could put that money in? Thanks
0
Comments
-
isn't 'esaver' just a prefix used to indicate that you can have online access? Who's providing this e-saver ISA ?0
-
Assuming you have the ISA Saver - very low rates - then you can instantly and easily change to the ISA Saver Direct, which has the same conditions, but telephone and internet access only, and comes with a much higher rate of 2%.
Even if you are going to transfer away, it'll take some time for this to happen, so I would personally change over to the ISA Saver Direct now, so you at least get a decent rate between now and then.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards