BT grabbed my line

At Xmas BT phoned me with a new offer as an old BT customer gave me a fairly good offer to move back to them. So I agreed. Then my current provider Talk Talk phoned me and asked me to stay with them and gave me a better offer on my current terms and conditions. So I phoned BT and asked them to cancel my order and informed them that I would be saying with Talk Talk. All was o.k. until a month later I get a bill form BT, who have changed me over to them from Talk Talk. Phoned BT who acknowledged that they did get a cancelation order but still went ahead and disconcerted me from Talk Talk. This is despite cancelling within the allowed time frame.

After speaking to a few people at BT am still waiting for them to call.

The thing is with Talk Talk:
I was not on a contract and could exit whenever.
They offered me 2 months line rental free to stay with them and all the features that BT offered on my current price plan and where cheaper then BT.

Now BT have cut me off from Talk Talk and I will have lost my deal.
Don’t want to terminate my contract as will loose my phone line, number and also my internet.

As far as I am concerned I did not enter into a contract with BT because I gave then notice of cancellation within then legal timescale and assumed I was with Talk Talk. Where does this leave me?

My lesson is to never again listen to any phone special offers that BT may have to offer over then phone ever, ever again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure