Help 1899

Options
:confused:I have just registered for 1899 and when I tried to use it received a recorded message which said I had to cease being on 'light user' or contact+ before I could use the service followed by BT's fault number. I rang it and was told that my phone did not have either of these two services attached and that it was completely clear. Still no joy using 1899 so I sent them an email, they told me I cannot use their service with light user and to get in touch with my service provider. So I rang BT again (Indian lady this time) she said my provider had to contact BT wholesale dept to have the light user status removed. I am going round in circles here. I don't know what to do and have never, never had light user or any other status on my phone. Does anyone know what I can do? I emailed 1899 again but they have not replied to my last 2 emails. frustrated .... Lyn

Comments

• phoneman44
    Options
    It is fairly common for BT Retail and BT Wholesale to have conflicting line status flags on a line.

There is very little that 1899 can do to resolve this issue as they have no contractual arrangement with BT regarding your line, so you must go back to BT to get this resolved.

Call BT and state -

'There appears to be a conflict as to the status of my line with BT wholesale and yourselves. BT Wholesale currently have my line set up on the Light User Scheme, which is preventing me from accessing other networks via Indirect Access.

As I am not subscribed to the Light User Scheme, please instruct BT Wholesale to remove the light user flag from my line immediately.

As you should be aware, BT are legally obliged to allow me access to other networks by using an Indirect Access Code'

If BT Retail tell you to approach your alternate supplier, tell them that this is not a Carrier Pre Select issue it is an Indirect Access issue therefore the onus of responsibility to resolve the problem lies directly with BT Retail - Escalate to team leader/manager if necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure