merlin pass

hi have heard about merlin pass , just wondered if people really thought it was worth doing ? as we have 3 children a day out is NEVER cheap so wondered if this may be a good option , ?

Comments

• davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A Family Pass consists of 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years or 1 adult and 3 children under 12 years old and costs £385. Would you need to buy an additional pass (for your 3rd child) at a further £150? A total of £535.

Depends on how near you live to the attractions and how often you would go, but that sounds quite a lot to me.

Remember most years there are vouchers for 2 for 1 entry that are easily obtainable.

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Where do you live and how often do you go?

We buy them with tesco vouchers, but they've been in short supply this year! now the little one is nearly 4 he will need his own before summer, and my other boy is 12 so if we didn't lie (12 year old is small and wears age 8 clothes lol!) then the family pass would be no good to us because 12 year olds aren't 'children' :rolleyes:

We are thinking of getting the alton towers passes instead of merlin passes. We live near alton, and only get to london once a year if that. The merlin passes were good if bought with tesco vouchers but at full price I don't think we can afford them.

We got to sea life, theme parks, zoos etc. a lot so if we lived in the london area or near legoland we'd buy them.

How old are your children?
    52% tight
  • mbailey
    mbailey Posts: 858
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jellyhead wrote: »
    Where do you live and how often do you go?

We buy them with tesco vouchers, but they've been in short supply this year! now the little one is nearly 4 he will need his own before summer, and my other boy is 12 so if we didn't lie (12 year old is small and wears age 8 clothes lol!) then the family pass would be no good to us because 12 year olds aren't 'children' :rolleyes:

I've just been reading up on and this and it is alittle confusing when it comes to children, as Legoland have a policy of a child is age 3 and over, but Chessington say over 1m.

My youngest daughter will be 3 in April, so I was trying to decide if we need to get her a pass this year or not...
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    is there a list of whereu can use the pass ?
    onwards and upwards
  • Is there a list of where you can use the pass ?

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=merlin+pass

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    thankyou mr trousers im somewhat disappointed i had to click the mouse...could u not of done that bit as well :cool: the pass looks fab...i think we'll be getting some of those...thanx
    onwards and upwards
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think you'd need one for legoland yes, unless your child looks young ;)

Is chessington definitely 1 metre? It used to be, but alton towers changed theirs to 4 years last year which was great because our 2 year old would have needed one during the season (he's tall). We can take his passport to prove he's under 4, and we're not going to legoland this year anyhow.
    52% tight
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

I've never seen that before, we're all in stitches here :rotfl:
    52% tight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing