New Barclays Account

Options
Hi

I recently applied for a new current account with Barclays and after my online application was told I would receive a decision in 4 days.

4 days later I get a letter saying I need to go into a branch with my passport and proof of address - fine.

But does this mean they have done their checks and my account will be opened when I present these documents or will there be more checks to come?

Curious to know what to expect

Thanks

Comments

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    More than likely you have been accepted, subject to your ID. If you had been declined you would of just recieved a decline letter.
  • Mike1989
    Mike1989 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Just take your ID into your local Barclays branch. They'll likely go through the application make sure everything is fine, get your signature on a few things, and that will be that really. I opened mine on Wednesday last week, received the pin on Saturday, the card on Tuesday, so that is 3 days for the pin, and up to 7 for the card.

But if you pop into your branch with your ID, they'll sort everything out and make sure everythings finished. Then you'll get the card and pin through the post.
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    taffam wrote: »
    Hi

I recently applied for a new current account with Barclays and after my online application was told I would receive a decision in 4 days.

4 days later I get a letter saying I need to go into a branch with my passport and proof of address - fine.

But does this mean they have done their checks and my account will be opened when I present these documents or will there be more checks to come?

Thanks

It does indeed:beer:
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    taffam wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Hi,

I applied online last week (30th) - still heard nothing :confused:

Hoping I get a letter like you but not holding my breath to be honest! LOL

My email looks like this: barclayskn6.th.jpg
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • Mike1989
    Mike1989 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I applied online last week (30th) - still heard nothing :confused:

Hoping I get a letter like you but not holding my breath to be honest! LOL

If you get no letter tomorrow then pop into your branch. As that would be four working days to get in touch. Seems they have some problems getting in touch with customers when they have applied online. But tomorrow is the fourth working day so if nothing, go in branch and they'll be able to sort it out for you.
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    Mike1989 wrote: »
    If you get no letter tomorrow then pop into your branch. As that would be four working days to get in touch. Seems they have some problems getting in touch with customers when they have applied online. But tomorrow is the fourth working day so if nothing, go in branch and they'll be able to sort it out for you.

Nah, branch is like 43 miles away lol so i'll just wait and wait.......

Thanks for advice.
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options

Sorry that this is off-topic, but it really annoys me when banks put links in emails that they send out. I think they should be trying to educate the general public never to click a link in an email claiming to be from a bank. Even if it claims to be just to find out about savings account.
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    Sorry that this is off-topic, but it really annoys me when banks put links in emails that they send out. I think they should be trying to educate the general public never to click a link in an email claiming to be from a bank. Even if it claims to be just to find out about savings account.

Haha - yea the savings account link you mean? Shoddy eh.... lol:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure