Credit card beginner!!! Should i balance transfer??????//////

Options
Hi all,
I see myself as a credit card amateur and am unsure about my next move.
I had never had credit cards until last summer when things got tight and i needed some back up. I successfully applied for Tesco clubcard, Egg and Capital one.
They were all maxed out by the end of the year and i now owe approx £1400 egg, £1400 tesco, and £1100 capital one.
I am now in a position where i can only really afford to pay the minimum payments each month (approx £40-50 per card per month)
This is obviously not paying off any debt so i am wondering wether it is possible to combine them and do a balance transfer?
Is this the best move??
Do credit cards accept 3 balances as a transfer? Would i need to be successful in achieving a £4000 credit limit in order to do so?? (because i was only granted a max of £1500 on each of my other cards)
I want to pay them all off in full but wont be in a position to do this for atleast 6 months.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Brian_Bullocks
    Options
    tycoon1day wrote: »
    Do credit cards accept 3 balances as a transfer? Would i need to be successful in achieving a £4000 credit limit in order to do so?? (because i was only granted a max of £1500 on each of my other cards)

You can do as many transfers as you want, within ~95% of your credit limit on a new card. Try MBNA (Virgin), they usually give a high credit limit and good 0% offers. If you don't have luck with a new card, you might be better off with a personal loan with your bank to sort yourself out.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another, so please feel free to ignore this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure