Looking for an SRX400 motorbike...

Options
Bexbox2
Bexbox2 Posts: 234 Forumite
Hi

Anyone seen one of these for sale please? :D
We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we borrow it from our grandchildren

Comments

• Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.fish4.co.uk
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk

Any reason why an SRX? It isn't a particularly common bike. If you need something that comes under the 33BHP rule then why not look at a Diversion or a BMW F650?
  • Bexbox2
    Options
    Hello

I just particularly kile the SRX's and the 400 fits my bill of being light, around £1k and under 33bhp but still looks awesome. I'll take a look at the Diversion and BMW though thanks :)

There's none on Fish4 and one on Autotrader but its too much money for me :(
    We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we borrow it from our grandchildren
  • Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    I have been looking for a bike which is under 33BHP I quite like the Honda CBF 250. Looks nice and its nothing to big for a first time bike.
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • Bexbox2
    Options
    Thanks Jem, that's nice actually. I might have a rethink :)
  • Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Yes they look nice, I have yet to ride one but when the weather gets a bit better I might go and see if I can test ride one.

Only worry is that I have not ridden a clutched bike since I did my test about 6 months ago so I am worried about looking like an idiot infront of the salesman if I keep stalling it :-D
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    Jem8472 wrote: »
    Only worry is that I have not ridden a clutched bike since I did my test about 6 months ago so I am worried about looking like an idiot infront of the salesman if I keep stalling it :-D
    Everyone does that with new bikes as each bike is so different. The first time I rode our new 1300cc Yamaha FJR emergency bike (resplendent with hi-viz markings, blue lights and sirens - so very visible to those around) I stalled it twice in front of a crowd of people and nearly dropped it. Now the clutch on that bike is second nature but getting back onto my own BMW or Honda after a tour of duty on the Yam makes both feel agricultural and my clutch action goes to pot...
  • ozvaldinho
    Options
    I seem to remember that SRX400s used to be a Jap import bike, not an official UK model like the SRX600.
    You could try one of the importers if they are still doing it.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm no biker (pleased to say) but I usually point people towards http://www.forcemotorcycles.com

They're all from Police & military operations & Nick, that owns the business, knows his stuff!

You'll perhaps not find the one you wanted, but an interesting clik, all the same!

VB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family