Quotelinedirect - anyone use them?

Options
Hi All,
Home insurance is up for renewal so did my usual confused.com search and quotelinedirect came out nearly £100 cheaper than my current (AIG).
I am always a bit dubious of the cheapest especially if I haven't heard of them. So, can anyone recommend them?
I have found a couple of customer reviews on the web but for their car insurance rather than home. They were both rather negative but I always think that most reviews are negative by their very nature because people want to warn others.
Do any of you ever go for the very cheapest service/product/etc when using these compare sites?
Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have used them for quotes before.
    They are pretty bad for contacting you, so if you don't want to be contacted then putin false contact phone number and email (mickey mouse gets all my spam - sorry mickey).

Their quotes were good and I hadn't heard of one company before but when I asked on here they turned out to be huge. They are some big compnaies out there that don't advertise on TV or they might have a different brand name, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I sometimes go for the cheapest products but I'm very careful to ascertain the level of cover and the charges etc. so I know if there are any catches.
    Sometimes you might be willing to accept them if they don't apply to you e.g. you might be happy to accept high cancellation charges or expensive phone numbers if you don't expect that to be an issue.
    So it really is a case of buyer beware, however cheap or expensive it is.
    There aren't really many shortcuts although there is a site here with some compiled information which may save some time.
    No connection
    https://www.matthewsguide.co.uk
    I would also double-check anything that's ultra important in case the site is out of date, but should be adequate for a first pass.
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quotelinedirect are a brokers in Manchester (also known as Wilsons). They have been around for a very long time and have been offering insurance over the internet since the late 90's - one of the first I believe.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • matimage
    matimage Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    True about the contacting, they phoned me about 5 mins after I got the quote through Confused!
    Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:

• melis
    melis Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I have just taken out my home insurance with Quotelinedirect after receiving my renewal notice from Tesco Finest home insurance(which was the best quote for all the things I wanted covered last year) and I found it had gone up by £10 a month ! .. I phoned Tesco and they told me my first year was cheaper because I was a new customer ..so I told them I would be looking for a cheaper quote online and Tesco immediately said I could keep everything exactly the same and only charge me £3 a month more .. but I decided to compare quotes and after getting an online quote from Quotelinedirect they phoned me and (very patiently) went through every part of my home insurance with me so I made sure I was still covered exactly as I wanted it and I have ended up with a quote cheaper then the one I had last year as a new customer with Tesco.. Only time will tell but so far so good...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure