We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best 0% Transfer Card

Hi,

I have a £1000 on a card and arround a £1500 overdraft that i want to transfer onto a 0% card.

Not sure how easy the overdraft part is to transfer.......

What is a good card for the above?


Regards

Comments

  • Virgin at 16 months 0% on Balance Transfers. As you want to to clear your overdraft you can pay £2500 direct into your current account and then use £1000 to pay off the other card.
  • kezzae
    kezzae Posts: 307 Forumite
    Hi Ive just taken a Virgin card out to do a balance transfer to. It's 0% for 16 months and I transfered a CC balance , loan and my overdraft onto it by doing a Money balance transfer. The sum gets transfered to your current account, just make sure that you pay everything off and clear it before the 0% deal runs out. Virgin are the only ones who do this I think?? If you've already got an mbna card then they wont accept you. I was really pleased with the service I got........ Good Luck.
    Quit Day - 8th July 2009.

  • mrbigd
    mrbigd Posts: 168 Forumite
    kezzae wrote: »
    If you've already got an mbna card then they wont accept you. I was really pleased with the service I got........ Good Luck.

    Incorrect, you can have more than one MBNA Card, I have 2 so does my Wife, I believe you can have upto 4-5.
  • kezzae wrote: »
    Hi Ive just taken a Virgin card out to do a balance transfer to. It's 0% for 16 months and I transfered a CC balance , loan and my overdraft onto it by doing a Money balance transfer. The sum gets transfered to your current account, just make sure that you pay everything off and clear it before the 0% deal runs out. Virgin are the only ones who do this I think?? If you've already got an mbna card then they wont accept you. I was really pleased with the service I got........ Good Luck.

    Kezzae, what kind of credit limit did Virgin give you?
  • kezzae
    kezzae Posts: 307 Forumite
    Hi Zerocool, Ive got a £2000 limit. Virgin tend to go on income when they decide your limit and also what credit you've already got.

    Mr Big, If you've already got an mbna card they won't let you transfer a balance from that to another mbna card eg: Virgin card.
    Quit Day - 8th July 2009.

  • kezzae wrote: »
    Hi Zerocool, Ive got a £2000 limit. Virgin tend to go on income when they decide your limit and also what credit you've already got.

    :hello:

    No to be rude kezzae what is your income and what was your credit and how many cards do you have? I understand if you don't want to give this info out, i'm just trying to work out who are the best at giving larger credit limits.
  • rodent
    rodent Posts: 292 Forumite
    mrbigd wrote: »
    Incorrect, you can have more than one MBNA Card, I have 2 so does my Wife, I believe you can have upto 4-5.


    Make that 10-15 !!!!!!!


    The Rodent
    My posts are my opinion which is neither right nor wrong.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    No links mr B:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.