Online Car Insurance - Tesco?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
3 replies 532 views
cs27cs27 Forumite
65 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I've just had a shocking quote for renewal from my Insurance broker, and have been shopping around getting online quotes. The best by far is Tesco online, however, I have a question about payments and renewals.

When you go to pay for the policy, you have the choice of installments or Annual Direct Debit, or Credit/Debit card. Next to the installments option, it states that your details will be stored in order to automatically renew your insurance in the future.

Does anyone know if this is the case with Debit Card payments? Further, how does one opt-out of this at renewal time should I wish to use a different online insurer?

Further, how do you have to provide proof of your no claims to new insurer as this will be the end of my first years driving and I should finish with 1 years no claims on my current policy?

I know these might by stupid questions but I feel I need to know the answers before I take out the policy.

Many thanks.

:j

Replies

• we are with tesco s from 2 yrs and every year they se to renew you a letter 1 month before the renewl date
    rest someone else can help on claims
  • When you take out the policy, you specify the number of no claims years you have. They take this to be true to set the policy up, but you have to obtain proof of no claims from your old insurer and supply this to tesco. Your renewal letter from your old insurance co. is sometimes used a proof of no claims.

HTH
    Stu
    I like to save the money...
  • cs27cs27 Forumite
    65 Posts
    If in the future I don't want to carry on taking out the Tesco insurance how do I cancel it?

How easy is it to then obtain proof of future no claims bonus from Insurers such as Tesco etc.?

Many thanks for your responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals