We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Interst Credit Card Question?
andycorleone
Posts: 48 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi, Last month I made a mistake the Statement was £3600 but I paid 2600 Natwest charged me £99 interst in the January statment :mad:
the January Statment is for £4000 Which I have to pay by 20th of february
How Much interest I have to pay if I :
1)Pay £1000 Today and the Remaining £3000 on 20th February
2) Pay £4000 Today
3) Pay £4000 the 20th of February
I called them and they mention something about they are charging £2.20 everyday until I pay. Hope this make sense and really appreciated if someone help me to understand this.
the January Statment is for £4000 Which I have to pay by 20th of february
How Much interest I have to pay if I :
1)Pay £1000 Today and the Remaining £3000 on 20th February
2) Pay £4000 Today
3) Pay £4000 the 20th of February
I called them and they mention something about they are charging £2.20 everyday until I pay. Hope this make sense and really appreciated if someone help me to understand this.
0
Comments
-
Overpay the statement balance as soon as possible. To be on the safe side, around £4100. This hopefully should cover any residual/trailing interest.
If the account goes into a positive balance then the card company can refund that amount back to you in a cheque/bank transfer format.0 -
thank you, but approximately how much interest I will have to pay? in each case?0
-
The amount of interest you pay will depend on the rate. But you will pay the least interest on option (2), followed by (1), and the most interest if you do (3)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards