is lapland expensive eat out

we booked a holiday to self catering holiday to lapland just wondering is it expensive to eat out and the prices in the supermarket if any body got any idea please let know thanks:j

Comments

• curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We went 13months ago, It is expensive to eat out in Finland and i suspect that the recent pound plummeting against the euro will not help at all, i know a friend who went last month and paid £24 for a bottle of wine with a glass near £7 :cool:. Supermarkets are available and are obviously more reasonable but each village normally only has one, sometimes two so choice might be in short supply !!!!
    There are fast-food outlets at most resorts if that's your choice (pizza etc etc)

You might get a better response with the post in the main travel forum.
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    where abouts are you going?

if you are going to salla then the supermarket has closed and the nearest one is 10k away!

the supermarkets are ok for some things but with the euro everything is going to seem expensive, however, there are some stuff that is very expensive, a carton of soup cost 8 euros!!

I would suggest that you take out some stuff with you, just the basics will do and will at least save you some money

as for eating out, you should be able to get pizza's for about 10 euros (they do like their pizza places), then you can get a fondu for about 25 euros each, the eat as much as you like buffet in yllas ski was 14 euros each, it really does depend on what type of place you go to just like here, we went to one resturant and spent 150 euros for 2 adults and 2 kids, other times we spent 40

if you are trying to keep within a budget then I would suggest that you buy thinks like cold drinks and take them skiing or on trips as this is where they can get you, 3 to 4 euros a glass of coke really does add up

if you want more info on all things lapland then there is a lapland forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport