We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
EDGE/GE Money Card - DD Issues
brody77
Posts: 231 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi all,
First off, sorry if this is the wrong section for this post, I wasn't quite sure!
Anyhoo,
I have the above card via Comet - got it for moving into my flat (needs must, etc)
I contacted them right at the start to ensure my payment date was on or right after payday (26th) but they have tried to take payment on the 22nd & it failed.
Rang them this morning & after a 10 minute IVR sequence, I got put through to someone in India (oh joy of joys) who was, as you can imagine, absolutely no use, as these poor folk just get handed a script & they don't know how to sort anything.
He just kept repeating over & over that I couldn't change my date for payment so it was my problem.
He didn't even know what to say when I told him I was getting a bank charge because of it & can I have the address for complaints!
I ended up hanging up before I lost the rag.
What I'm wondering is this - I should be able to change my DD date no problem, yeah? I mean, if I changed banks then the date would change would it not?
(I'm considering this also, as Lloyds TSB and their "daily charges" are killing me)
Thanks in advance
First off, sorry if this is the wrong section for this post, I wasn't quite sure!
Anyhoo,
I have the above card via Comet - got it for moving into my flat (needs must, etc)
I contacted them right at the start to ensure my payment date was on or right after payday (26th) but they have tried to take payment on the 22nd & it failed.
Rang them this morning & after a 10 minute IVR sequence, I got put through to someone in India (oh joy of joys) who was, as you can imagine, absolutely no use, as these poor folk just get handed a script & they don't know how to sort anything.
He just kept repeating over & over that I couldn't change my date for payment so it was my problem.
He didn't even know what to say when I told him I was getting a bank charge because of it & can I have the address for complaints!
I ended up hanging up before I lost the rag.
What I'm wondering is this - I should be able to change my DD date no problem, yeah? I mean, if I changed banks then the date would change would it not?
(I'm considering this also, as Lloyds TSB and their "daily charges" are killing me)
Thanks in advance
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards