Alliance and Leicester Overdraft

Options
I currently have and use my £600 overdraft with Alliance and Leicester. Does/will this show as a debt on my credit status/report(s)

Thanks
Work hard play hard......

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes........
  • woozywendy
    Options
    I wondered about this as well. On the leaflet you get with the report it says something like the account is being run within the terms of the agreement. Having had a look at the reports I have even when we are overdrawn it is still a 0 for the period. If we were to go into an unauthorised overdraft then the status number would change as we would be breaking the terms of the agreement. Hope that makes sense.
  • webbo1981
    Options
    Makes sense, many thanks

However if it is showing on my credit report as a debt I am keen to cancel my overdraft
    Work hard play hard......

• Jazzking
    Jazzking Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It doesn't show as a debt (unless you are using all £600 of it) - it simply shows as available credit, in the same way someone with a £3000 credit limit on a credit card would have £3000 available credit but might only have £500 owing on it at any time...

By all means if you are never going to use it then reducing your available credit is the way to go if you need to apply for more credit in the future...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure